Khyentse Foundation offers many opportunities for individuals and organizations to apply for grants and scholarships to support their dharma studies, practice, and activities. In the nonsectarian spirit of the Khyentse lineage, we accept applications from Buddhist teachers, students, scholars, translators, practitioners, and retreatants, following all traditions, and from all parts of the world. Each application is reviewed by an international committee appointed by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Khyentse Foundation Ashoka Grants are open to the public and aim to identify and support organizations and individuals that are working to increase dharma activity around the world. Ashoka Grants are for programs and projects that fall outside the criteria for Buddhist Studies Scholarships, Individual Practice Grants, or other awards.
The Ashoka Grant Committees review applications from organizations and individuals who are actively engaged in projects related to Buddhism.
Your application will not be considered if:
- You are requesting funds for a building and construction project.
- Your application does not adequately explain the budget and scope of the project.
- Your application is not related to Buddhism or Buddhist activity.
- Your application is for a film project; we are not accepting proposals for film projects at this time.
- You have already applied for an Ashoka grant in this round.
Full funding of proposals is not always possible and partial funding may be offered to some applicants. KF is able to offer grants because of the generosity of our donors so please keep this in mind and request only what is needed for your dharma activity.
Applicants will be notified of decisions approximately four months after the deadline.
If this is the first time you are using Submittable to apply for a grant or scholarship, you will need to create a Submittable account. Before you set up your account, please consider the following:
- Use the best email address for yourself or your project. The email address you use for your Submittable account will be the only address we use to communicate with you about your application. Once you sign up, you will not be able to change your email address.
We look forward to reading your application! To get started, click Create Your Account.